Facility Maintenance and Management
- College/University: Northwest Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This program provides the training necessary to service, maintain, and operate the mechanical systems found in public, commercial and other buildings. This program focuses on the skillsets needed by facilities (building) maintenance workers and supervisors in the health care field, government sector, public and private schools, hotels, apartment buidings, light manufacturing facilities, and office buildings. Some of the skillsets include: basic electricity and electrical control devices, basic HVAC/R (heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration), boiler licensing and refrigeration licensing requirements, basic plumbing, basic management and supervision skills, chemical use and safety, and preventive/predictive maintenance practices.
- Northwest Technical College, Bemidji 56601
- Hoffman Building 56601