Emergency Medical Technician
- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 9
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certificate provides entry-level job training for employment in a Basic Life Support (BLS) ambulance service or satisfies Fire and Police Department requirement for training at the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) level. Included in the program is the opportunity for 10 patient contacts as required by the Minnesota EMS Regulatory Board. Areas covered include those identified in the National Emergency Medical Services Education Standards for Emergency Medical Responder and EMT. Cleared criminal background check and completed Mantoux skin test required for clinical training.
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park 55445
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347