- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Associate of Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Offered entirely online with face-to-face options available for some/all sections.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
This degree is designed to prepare individuals for employment in a variety of early child care and educational settings as teachers, family child care providers or nannies. Persons working in this profession provide a healthy, safe and developmentally appropriate environment in support of families. Students learn how to plan age appropriate activities which recognize the diversity of children and families. This degree expands the student's knowledge of child development in areas of communication, writing and developmental skills. Many employers recognize the benefit from this extensive training and require a degree of the employees at the teacher level. This award will transfer to select other institutions towards a Bachelors Degree.
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park 55445
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347