Computer Service Desk Technician
- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Certificate
- Credits: 24
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
The Computer Service Desk Technician is responsible for taking calls, troubleshooting, tracking and resolving issues for customers. This person must be an excellent communicator and troubleshooter who can excel in a fast paced environment. This certificate is designed for the individual seeking a position in the computer service desk environment. Students gain the skills necessary to operate, configure, and troubleshoot including an awareness of issues surrounding computer security in today's highly technological world. Students are also introduced to the concepts and practices required of an entry-level technology professional in an effort to prepare them to become service providers. Prerequisite: Basic computer literacy, familiarity with the Internet, college-level reading and communication ability, and proficiency in basic mathematics. All students must pass the Computer Literacy assessment test before registering for these courses.
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park 55445
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347