Medical Administrative Assistant
- College/University: Hennepin Technical College
- Award: Associate of Applied Science
- Credits: 60
- Delivery: Face-to-face where some online courses may be available or required.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Certified
About this Program
Medical administrative assistants have the opportunity to work on health care teams. Duties performed utilize a knowledge of medical terminology as well as hospital and clinic procedures and may include transcription of reports and correspondence, appointment and meeting scheduling, patient file and office record maintenance, billing and insurance processing. This career requires excellent communication skills and knowledge of patient confidentiality laws. This degree provides students with a broad general education in addition to the technical component to maximize employment opportunities and potential. Prerequisite: CPLT1000 Computer Keyboarding or qualifying score on keyboarding assessment test. Prerequisites: Keyboarding speed of 45 net words per minute on a 5-minute timed writing is required before beginning the Medical Transcription I course.
- Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park 55445
- Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie 55347