M-F, 8:00 am-4:30 pm. This position requires evening and some Saturday availability. Travel throughout the Metropolitan area is also required.
March 14, 2014
Send materials to:
Apply Online Only
Inver Hills Community College
2500 80th Street East
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
Phone: (651) 450-3670
Fax: (651) 450-3399
Inver Hills seeks a Coordinator for the South of the River Education Center in Burnsville, MN. The Center is a new education facility that offers opportunities to take courses and pursue degrees from Inver Hills Community College, Dakota County Technical College, and Metropolitan State University through coursework at the Burnsville site, IHCC, DCTC, MSU, or online.
The Coordinator will lead the center by promoting students who are adult learners and creating public awareness of the collaborative academic programs between the three institutions.
- Design, evaluate and continuously improve the services and programming at the South of the River Education Center to better serve the target student population in the surrounding communities.
- Create and foster community and business partnerships to develop public awareness of the colleges and university.
- Manage and perform outreach and recruitment activities aimed at enrolling students in classes at the Center.
- Educate students about the collaborative academic programs and resources at Inver Hills Community College, Dakota County Technical College, and Metropolitan State University.
- Design and administer general information sessions at the site, including information specifically for Burnsville Workforce Center participants.
- Advise and inform students regarding the range of programs options, including individualized professional studies degrees (IPS) and prior learning assessment (PLA)/competency based opportunities (i.e., those recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE), the PLA process for IHCC, DCTC and MSU, CLEP, and industry related PLAs).
- Advise students on MnSCU transfer procedures utilizing interactive degree audit report tool.
- Advise IHCC, DCTC, and MSU students about program and degree planning, course selection, scheduling, graduation requirements, transfer articulation, and transfer evaluation.
- Recommend appropriate referral including but not limited to, disability services, learning center, tutoring services, financial aid, and procedures and policy.
- Provide leadership to create an informative, collegiate, and community climate within the South of the River Education Center that is visible and positive to prospective nontraditional students.
- Coordinate the Center activities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of experience working with adult learners (25 years plus with substantial work/life/military experience) in a higher education academic setting
- Knowledge of higher education principles, programs and processes, and especially informed about present and future trends in adult higher education
- Effective communication skills (listening, writing and oral) and human relations skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good computer and technical skills (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, learning management systems, mobile devices, social media, etc.)
- Knowledge, background, and experience working with diverse groups of students, faculty, and staff
- Ability to set priorities and work independently
- Ability and willingness to travel to events and meetings
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours (i.e., weekend classes, orientation, events, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in student personnel or related field
- Knowledge of transfer curriculum (preferably MnSCU) especially in relation to individualized professional studies degrees and prior learning assessment credits
- Knowledge about IHCC, DCTC, and MSU policies and procedures, programs and curriculum, and services and resources
- Understanding of and use of appropriate software systems, including, but not limited to: ISRS-Integrated Statewide Reporting System, ImageNow, Hobson’s Connect, etc.
- Experience working with credit for prior learning processes and procedures
- Experience planning and organizing multiple activities and meeting deadlines
You must apply online at http://www.inverhills.edu/About/HR/ and click on the Academic and Administrator Jobs link to apply. The application deadline is 4:30 p.m. on March 14, 2014. Mailed applications will not be considered.
Founded in 1970, Inver Hills is a comprehensive community college offering 26 degree options including the Associate in Arts (A.A.), a liberal education degree that leads to transfer to four-year colleges; the new Associate in Fine Art (A.F.A.) degree in studio arts; and the career-related Associate in Science (A.S.) and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees in leading occupational areas such as nursing, paralegal, computer networking, law enforcement, human services, business, emergency medical services, and more.
Located 10 minutes from downtown St. Paul, scenic Inver Hills Community College serves 7,000 students each semester. Recognized for adult experiential learning, Learning Communities, and its Center of Excellence for Access and Opportunity, Inver Hills is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) institution. The college is committed to Learning Communities, campus-wide assessment, innovative instruction, integrating technology in instruction, collaboration with Pre-K-12 for college readiness and access, and civic engagement. The college is also committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
We offer excellent benefits including health and dental insurance; paid annual and sick leave; defined benefit and defined contribution (401(a) retirement plans); 457 and 403(b) retirement savings plans; and tuition waiver for employees and dependents.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to participate in this selection process, please contact the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator at HumanResources@inverhills.edu or (651) 450-3672 (voice); or through the Minnesota Relay Service at 1-800-627-3529, or your preferred relay provider.
Visit www.inverhills.edu and http://inverportfolio.project.mnscu.edu/ to learn more about Inver Hills.
Inver Hills Community College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity educator and employer. A member of the Minnesota State College and Universities System. A member of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium.