Posted on: January 13, 2014
HENNEPIN TECHNICAL COLLEGE
9000 Brooklyn Blvd
Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
Microcomputer Support Specialist (Unclassified MSCF-TC Faculty)
- Primary teaching responsibilities will be college-level Networking Administration with a Microsoft emphasis and A+ classes.
- Continuous curriculum development, including the design, revisions, and implementation of instructional materials.
- Integration of assessment activities into teaching practices and participation in department and college-wide assessment of student learning.
- Support the success and development of students through the use of a variety of instructional methods, advising, available office hours, and supplemental resources.
- Development and implementation of on-campus, online and hybrid courses.
- Availability to teach during the daytime, evening or weekend and at alternate sites in order to meet the needs of our diverse student population.
- Contribution to departmental decision-making on budget, scheduling, textbooks, etc.
- Participation in discipline, team, campus, and college matters such as service on committees, regular meetings, outreach, community service, and continuous professional development.
- Advance the departmental and college mission.
NOTE: Must be able to teach day and evening courses.
- Bachelor or above degree in computer science, MIS, data processing or telecommunications and 4000 hours of occupational experience or
- Associate degree or two-year diploma (90 quarter credits) in computer science, operation, or programming; business micro computing; or advanced business communication and 6000 hours of occupational experience or
- One year diploma (45 quarter credits) in computer operations, programming, or business micro computing and 7000 hours of occupational experience or
- Courses for credit or clock hours (1 quarter credit/20 hours, 1 semester credit/30 hours) in micro computer or mainframe computers and occupational experience totaling 8000 hours.
Occupational Experience Requirement
- 8000 hours of occupational experience in business application in two of the following: installation and troubleshooting computers, computer trainer in a business or industrial setting or programming.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- course construction (credit course)*
- teaching/instructional methods (credit course)*
- student outcomes assessment/evaluation (credit course)*
- philosophy of community and technical college education (credit or non-credit course)**
- Faculty shall have a degree in education or three years of successful full-time (or equivalent) teaching experience prior to being hired, or shall be required to complete coursework in the above content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status.
- * These courses shall be waived for individuals who at the time of hire have: a degree in education, or have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework in the specified teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time (or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching experience in the field for which they are being hired. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.2)
- ** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.3)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS OR a bachelor's degree with at least 16 semester credits in computer science or MIS.
- Successful previous experience teaching in higher education, preferably at a 2 year college, including curriculum development and assessment experience.
- Experience and interest in using alternative delivery methods such as online education.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of students.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Significant I.T. industry experience.
You must apply online at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/hennepintech/default.cfm, by 5:00 PM on February 28, 2014. Mailed applications will not be accepted.
Brooklyn Park/Eden Prairie Campuses
August 22, 2014
By 5:00 PM on February 28, 2014. NOTE: This is a re-posting to reflect a new start date.
Send materials to:
Must Apply Online Only
procedure, by deadline
Phone: (763) 488-2548
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.