Core valueProvide an opportunity for all Minnesotans to create a better future for themselves, for their families, and for their communities.
The Strategic Framework for Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities play an essential role in growing Minnesota’s economy and opening the doors of educational opportunity to all Minnesotans. To that end, we will:
- Ensure access to an extraordinary education for all Minnesotans
- Be the partner of choice to meet Minnesota’s workforce and community needs
- Deliver to students, employers, communities and taxpayers the highest value/most affordable higher education option
Charting the Future is a strategic effort to help change how we work and encourage collaboration among our 37 Minnesota State institutions to better prepare our students for success and achieving a more prosperous Minnesota. We are imagining a better world for our students, our colleges and universities, and our communities across the state.
These efforts have involved thousands of students, faculty, and staff from across Minnesota who have helped lead this work from initial recommendations to specific initiative ideas that are being implemented at colleges and universities.
- January 2012: Strategic Framework adopted by Board of Trustees
- November 2012: Three strategic work groups launched: Education, System, and Workforce
- November 2013: CTF report approved by Board of Trustees
- April 2014: Eight implementation teams launched
- April 2014-June 2015: Team meetings, focus groups, gallery walks help to develop and refine ideas
- July 2015: Implementation teams turned in team reports
- September 2015: Leadership Council Charting the Future work plan shared
- Fall 2015: Campus-based work begins; teams, work groups, forums, Coordinating Committee
For the latest activity, please visit the Charting the Future blog or campus websites for specific forums.