Wells Fargo Place
Saint Paul, Minnesota
THIS SUMMARY IS NOT THE OFFICIAL MINUTES OF THE MEETING
FY 2009 Operating Budget Including Tuition and Fees
The Board of Trustees took the following action on the FY 2009 Operating Budget Including Tuition and Fees:
- Adopted the annual total operating budget and general fund budget for FY2009 in Tables 2 and 3 (attached). Per Board Policy 5.9, the Board will be periodically provided system wide budget updates for all funding sources on an exception reporting basis.
- Approved the proposed tuition structure recommendations for FY2009 as detailed in Attachments 1A through 1E (attached). The percentage impact of resident tuition rates represents the maximum amount that can be applied to other tuition rates charged by the college or university not impacted by reciprocity agreements such as nonresident and off campus rates.
The tuition increase is effective Summer Session or Fall Semester, 2008 at the discretion of the president. The chancellor is authorized to approve tuition structures for new courses or programs proposed after this date, as well as any required technical adjustments, and is requested to incorporate any approvals at the time FY2010 tuition recommendation is presented to the Board. The Board continued the policy of market-driven tuition for closed enrollment courses, customized training, non-credit instruction, continuing education, distance learning and contract postsecondary enrollment option programs.
- Approved the increases in fee maximums for athletics and health services as detailed in Attachment 2 (attached).
- Approved the Revenue Fund FY2009 fees for room and board and student union, wellness and parking facilities, as detailed in Attachments 3A through 3D (attached).
Proposed FY 2009 Board of Trustees Operating Budget
The Board of Trustees approved its FY 2009 Operating Budget in the amount of $240,000.
Board of Trustees Proposed FY 2009 Meeting Calendar
The Board of Trustees approved the FY 2009 meeting calendar, as follows:
- July 15 and 16, 2008: Committee and Annual Board Meetings
- July TBD: Orientation for New Trustees
- August TBD: Orientation for New Trustees
- September 16 and 17, 2008: Committee and Board Meetings
- October 15-16, 2008: Fall Retreat, Bemidji State University
- October TBD 2008: Finance, Facilities and Technology Committee and Public Hearing on the FY 2010-2011 Biennial Operating Budget. First reading will be in September and second reading and action in November.
- November 18 and 19, 2008: Committee and Board Meetings
- January 20 and 21, 2009: Committee and Board Meetings. Metropolitan Area Campus Location TBD
- February 2009: Finance, Facilities and Technology Committee, Public Hearing on the FY 2010-2015 Capital Budget. Date and location to be determined. Another hearing may be scheduled in March.
- March 17 and 18, 2009: Committee and Board Meetings
- April 22, 2009: Board of Trustees Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- May 19 and 20, 2009: Committee and Board Meetings
- June TBD 2009: Public Hearing, Finance, Facilities and Technology Committee on the FY 2010-2011 Operating Budget Including Tuition and Fees. Date to be determined but after legislative session ends.
- June TBD 2009: Board of Trustees Meeting on Chancellor Assessment
- July 21 and 22, 2009: Committee and Annual Board Meetings
Approval of the Minnesota State University Association of Administrative and Service Faculty (MSUAASF) Agreement
The Board of Trustees approved the terms of the 2007-2009 labor agreement with the Minnesota State University Association of Administrative and Service Faculty (MSUAASF) and authorized the Chancellor to sign the agreement on behalf of the Board of Trustees.
Revenue Fund Bond Sale
The Board of Trustees authorized a Revenue Bond sale for no more that $43,000,000 for projects totaling about $38,000,000; and approved the Series Resolution as contained in the meeting materials beginning on pages 68.
FY 2010-2015 Capital Budget Guidelines
The Board of Trustees approved the FY 2010-2015 Capital Budget Guidelines.
2009 Action Plan for the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
The Board of Trustees approved the FY 2009 Action Plan for the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
Pine Technical College Mission Approval
The Board of Trustees approved Pine Technical College's mission statement, as follows: Pine Technical College's mission is to provide superior education and social services that enhance the communities we serve.
Hibbing Community College - Disposition of Surplus Real Property
The Board of Trustees approved the disposal of the Hibbing Community College, Central Campus property.
Metropolitan State University Facility Lease
The Board of Trustees authorized the Chancellor or his designee to execute a lease amendment with the owners of 1450 Energy Park Drive, Saint Paul.