Minnesota State Colleges & Universities Board of Trustees
July 18, 2007
Board Meeting Summary
Wells Fargo Place
Saint Paul, Minnesota
THIS SUMMARY IS NOT THE OFFICIAL MINUTES OF THE MEETING
Election of Board Officers
The Board of Trustees elected David Olson as chair, Ruth Grendahl as vice chair, and Scott Thiss as treasurer. The new officers will serve for one-year terms effective August 1, 2007 (news release).
Appointment of Interim President of Normandale Community College
The Board of Trustees approved the recommendation of Chancellor James McCormick and appointed Bernardine Bryant as the interim president of Normandale Community College, effective July 31, 2007, and authorized the Chancellor to negotiate an employment agreement in consultation with the Chair of the Board and the Chair of the Human Resources Policy Committee in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Personnel Plan for Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Administrators (news release).
Revised FY 2008 Board Meeting Calendar
The Board of Trustees approved a revised meeting calendar for FY 2008, as shown below:
- July 17 and 18, 2007: Committee and Annual Board Meetings
- July 19, 2007: Ad Hoc Committee on System and Institutional Assessment
- July 30, 2007: Special Board Meeting
- September 18 and 19, 2007: Committee and Board Meetings
- November 13 and 14, 2007: Committee and Board Meetings
- January 15 and 16, 2008: Committee and Board Meetings
- February 2008: Held for Retreat. Date will be determined.
- March 18 and 19, 2008: Board and Committee Meetings
- April 16, 2008: Board of Trustees Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- May 20 and 21, 2008: Hearing, Committee and Board Meetings
- June 4, 2008: Special Board Meeting in Closed Session for Chancellor Assessment
Minnesota-Wisconsin Interstate Tuition Reciprocity Agreement
The Board of Trustees approved the Wisconsin/Minnesota Reciprocity Agreement in accordance with Minnesota Statutes section 136A.08, Subd. 6, effective July 1, 2007, subject to approval by the State of Wisconsin and the Minnesota Office of Higher Education (news release).
Proposed Policy 1A.10 - Long Term Emergency Management
The Board of Trustees adopted Policy 1A.10, Long Term Emergency Management.
Proposed Amendment to Policy 1A.2, Part 5, Standing Committees
The Board of Trustees approved the amendment to Board Policy 1A.2, Part 5, Standing Committees, Committees and Working Groups of the Board.
Proposed Amendments to Policy 4.2 Appointment of Presidents
The Board of Trustees approved the amendments to Policy 4.2, Appointment of Presidents.
Proposed Amendments to Policy 4.4 Weather/Short Term Emergency Closings
The Board of Trustees approved the amendments to Policy 4.4, Weather/Short Term Emergency Closings.