May 22, 2002 Board Meeting Minnesota State College - Southeast Technical Education to enhance your future, Guaranteed!

April 15, 2002

MnSCU
Judy Borgen
Associate Vice Chancellor-Budget
500 World Trade Center
St. Paul, MN 55101

Dear Judy:

Please consider this correspondence my official request to continue Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical's three-year Iowa non-resident tuition pilot project for the next academic year. While our three-year growth in Iowa students has not been near the anticipated numbers at the start of this project, we now have more Iowa students than prior to the pilot. My Director of Enrollment Services continues to believe that changing such trends is a long-term commitment, and we are seeing ever increasing successes from prospects from northeastern Iowa.

Attached you will find two documents. The first attachment, labeled "Original Request Submitted June 1999," is the original request for this pilot project. The second attachment, labeled "Updated Report Submitted January 2002," summarizes the successes of the three-year pilot project.

I look forward to the discussion in the near future dealing with this issue. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

James J. Johnson
President

-