Procedure 18.104.22.168 Guest Lecturer or Presenter
Chapter 5 - Administration
Part 1. Purpose. The purpose of this guideline is to provide a consistent business process for colleges and universities to follow when bringing guest lecturers or presenters to campus.
Part 2. Guideline Requirements.When bringing a guest lecturer or presenter to campus, colleges and universities shall use the template Professional/Technical Services Contract for:
- All guest lecturer or presenter transactions involving more than $3,000 in compensation, including travel reimbursement, and/or
- If intellectual property or other risk is considered elevated.
For transactions below $3,000 in compensation, including travel reimbursement, and when intellectual property or other risk is considered low:
- Campuses may utilize the template Guest Lecturer/Presenter Agreement, or
- Under the authority in System Procedure 5.14.2 Consultant, Professional or Technical Services, campuses may develop procedures for guest lecturer agreements via a purchase order after ensuring adequate risk mitigation.
Please note: when using any process, all the other requirements in System Procedure 5.14.2 apply, including:
- Funds being properly encumbered prior to establishing the obligation to pay, and
- Use of non-system office forms requires review by system legal counsel, etc.
The college or university must also account for any tax withholding requirements on nonresident entertainers and nonresident aliens and have the ability to gather information necessary for enforcement of state and federal child support laws.
- Policy 5.14 Procurement and Contracts
- Procedure 5.14.2 Consultant, Professional or Technical Services
Date of Adoption: 10/14/13,
Date of Implementation: 10/14/13,
Date & Subject of Revisions:
There is no additional HISTORY for Guideline 22.214.171.124.