5.19 Travel Management
Chapter 5 - Administration
Part 1. Authority. Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes section 136F.42, Subd. 2 (see related documents below), the Board of Trustees may adopt policies for the colleges and universities to approve and administer travel arrangements, other than reimbursement, for employees and students on campus, and for the system office to provide the same services for employees in that office.
Part 2. General Responsibilities. The Board of Trustees delegates authority to the chancellor for systemwide travel management. System procedures providing standard guidelines and processes shall be followed to fund authorized travel at state expense when such travel is necessary to conduct official business and to promptly reimburse employees for expenses incurred.
Part 3. Responsibility and Accountability. The employee is responsible for complying with Minnesota State Colleges and Universities travel policy and procedures, the employee's respective bargaining agreement or compensation plan, state laws, federal laws, and IRS guidelines and for accurately completing all required forms for reimbursement of authorized official business travel expenses. The employee's supervisor is responsible for reviewing and approving all travel requests and expenses.
- Procedure 5.19.3 Travel Management
- System Guideline 188.8.131.52 Driver's License Record Check
- Consent Form - Vehicle Use Agreement and Consent to Obtain Driving Record(s)
- Board Policy 5.20 Expense Allowances for Chancellor and Presidents
- Procedure 5.20.1 Special Expenses and Chancellor/Presidential Expense Allowances
- Board Policy 7.1 Finance and Administrative Authority of Board, Chancellor and Presidents
To view any of the following related statutes, go to the Revisor's Web site (http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/). You can conduct a search from this site by typing in the statute number.
- Minnesota Statute Chapter 10A.071, Certain Gifts by Lobbyists and Principals Prohibited
- Minnesota Statute Chapter 15.435, Airline Travel Credit
- Minnesota Statute Chapter 43A.38, Code of Ethics for Employees in the Executive Branch
- Minnesota Statute Chapter 136F.42, Subd. 2, Personnel Management, Travel Policies
- http://www.tmd.state.mn.us (State's Travel Management Division)
Date of Adoption: 06/21/00,
Date of Implementation: 06/21/00
Date & Subject of Revisions:
11/16/11 - Effective 1/1/12, the Board of Trustees amends all board policies to change the term "Office of the Chancellor" to "system office," and to make necessary related grammatical changes.
10/5/09 - Policy reviewed, no content amendments recommended.
Click here for additional 5.19 HISTORY