Students at Minnesota State Colleges and Universities will have the opportunity to achieve their educational and career goals through high quality learning and support services matched to their talents and abilities.
Institutional excellence and quality
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities will provide programs and services that are nationally and internationally competitive, high-quality, future-oriented, and focused on and accountable to the needs of students, employers, and the community.
Community collaboration and partnerships
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities will work in partnership with a wide variety of organizations to provide programs and services to meet community needs.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system leadership
The Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees and System Office will provide system leadership that recognizes and capitalizes on the diversity and accessibility of its colleges and universities and creates and sustains a system that excels in providing higher education for Minnesota's future.
Above all, we value student success and learning. The system's Board of Trustees commits to educational policies that enable students to achieve their goals as its greatest priority. The Board recognizes learning as an ongoing process and the focus of our endeavors.
The system's Board of Trustees commits itself to the values it believes are essential to assist the system's institutions in fulfilling their multiple and diverse missions and promoting student success and learning. We value:
- Excellence - Promoting the highest of standards in all educational policies and practices.
- Integrity - Earning respect and honor by adhering to the values articulated in this statement.
- Accountability - Promoting educational effectiveness and organizational efficiency.
- Innovation - Recognizing imagination, creativity, and risk-taking as essential components in managing the present and the future.
- Civility - Modeling mutual trust and ethical behavior in all interactions.
- Citizenship - Educating for civic involvement and social responsibility.
- Diversity - Establishing educational policies that are open and value all individuals.
- Institutional Uniqueness - Supporting educational policies that appreciates institutional likeness and celebrates institutional differences of all the institutions.
- Access - Supporting the development of educational models that enhance learning opportunities irrespective of technology, time, space, or distance.
- Affordability - Advocating educational policies that reduce financial barriers to education in the system.
- Flexibility - Anticipating and responding to the needs of students, business and industry, and the communities we serve.