Strategic Framework for Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities play an essential role in growing Minnesota’s economy and opening the doors of educational opportunity to all Minnesotans. To that end, we will:
- Ensure access to an extraordinary education for all Minnesotans
- Our faculty and staff will provide the best education available in Minnesota, preparing graduates to lead in every sector of Minnesota’s economy.
- We will continue to be the place of opportunity, making education accessible to all Minnesotans who seek a college, technical or university education; those who want to update their skills; and those who need to prepare for new careers.
- Be the partner of choice to meet Minnesota’s workforce and community needs
- Our colleges and universities will be the partner of choice for businesses and communities across Minnesota to help them solve real-world problems and keep Minnesotans at the leading edge of their professions.
- Our faculty and staff will enable Minnesota to meet its need for a substantially better educated workforce by increasing the number of Minnesotans who complete certificates, diplomas and degrees.
- Deliver to students, employers, communities and taxpayers the highest value / most affordable option
- Our colleges and universities will deliver the highest value to students, employers, communities and taxpayers.
- We will be the highest value / most affordable higher education option.
Strategic Plan archives
2010-2014 Strategic Plan (208 KB PDF)
Adopted by the Board of Trustees in June 16, 2010
2008-2012 Strategic Plan (1.87 MB PDF)
Revisions adopted by the Board of Trustees in March 2008
2006-2010 Strategic Plan (421 KB PDF)
Approved by the Board of Trustees, January 19, 2006
Strategic Plan 2002-2005 (PDF format)
One-page summary of 2002-2005 Strategic Plan (PDF format)